Tuesday, January 5, 2010

suprise

There is a small piece of screen
broken off
from the front door of where
I shouldn't return to
stuck to my
dress, but I
don't care, because
it isn't my style
anyway

and in the morning when I see you
for a quick second, I
will stop to admire the tiny
mess I've made in a
space too compact to
hold masquerades such as
this-
now, that

we don't look each other in the eyes
anymore
it's only night that brings your arms around my spine and
plays quick movies in my right brain

it kills me just to go along
(kills me just to go)
it kills me just to go along
(kills me just to go.)

1 comment:

  1. the end is so sad
    "it kills me just to go along"
    (it kills me to pretend)

    "kills me just to go"
    (it kills to feel so separate)

    the title adds to the irony

    ReplyDelete